beware of men who think sensitivity and weakness are the same thing. they are messed up and they will mess YOU up with their inability to be intimate and the over-importance they give to violence & power.
the worst thing about being home is not being able to drink excessively w/o judgement from my mom
16 Day Killer Kixie Challenge! Day Two: 200 Killer Squats! Waaaaapoooosh.
Booty murder today!
As always, ANY modifications count, but if squats are easy for you, it’s time to level up! Use what you have and try to make this as challenging as possible.
Basic Level Up Ideas
1. Add weight to your squats, or as many of them as you can (dumbbells, medicine balls, children (hopefully yours), sandbags etc).
2. Add a jump, a kick, a lift to the side, a lift to the back etc.
3. Add pulses to your squats (3 pulses and up = 1 rep)
4. Single leg it out! 100 per side. You can also place one foot on an elevated surface like a yoga block or chair. Keep weight in the heel of the squatting leg.
5. GET LOWER. Ass to grass baby! Try to pop up and go faster once you’ve got the form down.
Advanced Level Up Ideas
1. Play with your load for weighted squats. If you’re used to holding the weights by your shoulders, try back loaded or front loaded squats. Place weight on only one side (100 per side), use different equipment etc.
2. Add instability by placing feet on a bosu or instability disc.
3. Add weights to your plyo squat jumps or try single leg squat jumps. Start low, then add more as you see what you can manage (only for those who are used to squat jumps).
4. Add a jump forward and back, or side to side, landing softly in a squat. Get it moving!
5. Try negative squats: start already low in the squat and pop up fast, spending more time in the bottom of the squat than the top.
Remember, you can split up your squats over the course of the day, do them throughuot your regular workout or try them as a time challenge (how quick can you bust out 200?). If you like, you can use my circuit below too!
My Workout (fondly named “Oh HAIIII Booty)
5 Squat Variations, 40 Reps each = Day Two KILLED!
core work + 60 min walk around my neighborhood.
that’s the nice thing about Colorado, you can walk around in the middle of the day and not be sweating buckets. i am ready to go back to Texas though :)